HAMLIN COUNTY, SOUTH DAKOTA
The South Dakota Department of Transportation engaged an engineering firm to perform contract administration, construction inspection, and materials acceptance services for the SD28 Shoulder Widening project from the US81 junction west 11.1 miles through Lake Norden, SD. This highway improvement project will provide an improved roadway with wider shoulders to accommodate agricultural equipment and increase safety for the traveling public. It also includes a new bike path near Lake Norden.
The SDDOT contracted Brosz to perform contract administration, construction inspection, and materials acceptance services. The services requested in the proposal included the following: daily diaries, record keeping, project close-out, project communication, change management, on-site inspection, and materials acceptance.
The prime contractor on this $10.8 million project is Riley Bros. Construction, Inc. of Morris, Minnesota. The project is scheduled to be completed by July 22, 2022.
The project included:
- 400,000+ CY unclassified excavation
- 117,000 undercutting
- 26,000 tons of Class E asphalt concrete
- (2) 12’x5’ pre-cast box culverts
- (3) 10’x9’ pre-cast box culvert extensions
- (1) 10’x7’ & (2) 12’x5’ CIP box culverts
- 2,414’ reinforced concrete pipe
- 180’ corrugated metal pipe
- Permanent fencing
- Erosion and sediment controls