MADISON, SOUTH DAKOTA
Spanning across Park Creek along Center Street in Madison, SD, this box culvert project replaced an aging and deteriorating box culvert structure. With design and funding completed by SDDOT, the Sioux Falls Area SDDOT Office then hired Brosz to provide full construction engineering services. Services included construction administration, construction inspection, materials testing, construction staking, and project close-out.
After record-setting precipitation and scheduling delays, construction commenced in July 2020 and was finalized in November 2020. Project work activities and improvements included:
- Temporary channel diversion
- Retrofit of City of Madison water main below new box structure
- CIP 3-9’x6’ box culvert construction
- Reconstruction of historical rock channel wall with new concrete foundations
- Construction of improved sidewalk with pedestrian railing